A well established and forward-thinking independent accounting firm in Glasgow is in search of a seasoned bookkeeper to lead a close-knit team of bookkeeping professionals. The team assists business owners by overseeing their bookkeeping needs and providing valuable insights to promote their growth. By becoming a part of the team, you’ll have a significant impact on both clients and the team members you’ll be supervising.
The client has a flexible working policy which includes flexi-time outwith core hours of 10am – 3pm, hybrid working (2/3 days from home) and free onsite parking at their West End office.
Salary: Depends on your experience + yearly bonus
- 5% pension
- 33 days off every year
- Parking spot at the office
- Work from home sometimes
- Health insurance
- Work Hours: Full-time (35 hours a week). Part-time might be okay too.
What You’ll Do:
- Handle bookkeeping – invoices, payroll journals and bank activities
- Do bookkeeping and VAT for different types of businesses
- Check and send out VAT returns
- Balance accounts
- Make end-of-month changes
- Teach clients how to use Xero
- Lead the bookkeeping team and make sure everything’s done on time
- Work on different tasks and finish them for an accountant to check
- Spot and talk about any project problems or updates
- Work well with others
- Keep learning and improving
How We’ll Measure Your Work:
- Meeting goals and deadlines