Established 40 years ago, our client is one of the most respected accountancy practices in Ayrshire and Glasgow. Their commitment to delivering exceptional service and advice has seen them work with a diverse range of businesses and individual clients. They pride ourselves on our innovative approach to accounting and dedication to continuous professional development. The role is based from Kilmarnock with an expected 2 days in the office and 3 days from home to suit.
- Foster strong relationships with a portfolio of clients, understanding their unique needs and ensuring they receive timely and accurate advice.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients on all matters related to accounting, tax, and financial planning.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare and review financial statements for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders.
- Analyse financial data to provide insights and recommendations to clients.
- Prepare, review, and submit VAT returns, corporation tax, and personal tax returns.
- Provide proactive tax planning advice to clients.
Team Collaboration and Mentorship:
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff members.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the highest level of service is provided to clients.
- Stay updated with the latest industry developments, regulatory changes, and best practices.
- Contribute ideas for improving internal processes and client service delivery.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- CA, ACCA, or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 of experience in a similar role within an accountancy practice.
- Strong understanding of UK accounting and tax regulations.
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., Xero, Sage, QuickBooks).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.