Technical Accounting Advisor
Client Overview: Our client, a highly respected organisation in the field of Chartered Accountancy, is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Chartered Accountant to join their team as a Technical Quality Lead (QTL). This role is pivotal in upholding the technical quality of assessments within their renowned education Programme.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the technical integrity and relevance of both formative and summative assessments in alignment with the programme syllabus and delivery standards.
- Collaborating effectively with the Assessment Design and Outcomes Managers (ADOM) and various learning delivery teams.
- Providing expert technical oversight throughout the assessment lifecycle, including review, updates, and guidance.
- Maintaining the technical accuracy of assessment content to address the dynamic needs of the profession and stakeholders, including learners.
- Offering detailed technical expertise to ADOMs and external assessment teams.
- Participating in the development of technical learning assessment support products.
- Guiding markers technically and contributing to their training, ensuring alignment with assessment criteria.
- Analysing exam performance, providing feedback, and liaising with internal stakeholders for exam debriefs.
- Involvement in strategic project work, delivering high-quality outcomes.
- No direct responsibilities for people or budget management.
- Primary interactions will be with ADOMs, learning internal and external stakeholders in assessment.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Chartered Accountancy Qualification or relevant equivalent (Level 11 Masters).
- Profound technical knowledge in the relevant subject areas.
- Proven experience in reviewing and creating technical assessment materials.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-managed, deadline-oriented, and capable of handling a flexible workload.
- Experience in establishing effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with qualification frameworks and compliance standards is desirable.
- Professional experience within the relevant subject portfolio is essential.
- Prior role within a learning function of a professional body or training provider will be advantageous.
- Ability to manage the demands of diverse stakeholders.
- This position offers a hybrid working arrangement, requiring a minimum 20% office presence in Edinburgh.
- The package includes an attractive salary and an excellent range of benefit
Interested candidates are invited to contact us for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.